A Cabinet Meeting chaired by His Excellency the President of the Republic, Paul KAGAME, convened on Wednesday 11th July 2018.
1. The Cabinet Meeting approved the Resolutions of the Cabinet Meeting held on 1st June 2018 and 12th June 2018.
2. The Cabinet Meeting was informed that His Excellency the President of the Republic and Commander-in-Chief of Rwanda Defence Forces approved termination of military service for Officers and Men of RDF as follows:
– Officers and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers approved for retirement: 373;
– Those whose contract ended: 395;
– Those discharged on medical ground: 137;
– Those whose contract are rescinded (terminated): 58.
3. The Cabinet Meeting approved the National Agriculture Policy and the Fourth Strategic Plan for Agriculture Transformation.
4. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following agreements:
– Concession agreement between the Government of Rwanda and Sawmill East Africa Ltd on State Forests;
– Co-Management Agreement between the Government of Rwanda and Mulindi Factory Company Ltd on State Forests;
– Agreement with ANDELA on establishment of a Pan-Africa hub for software development in Rwanda.
5. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Draft Laws:
– Draft Law amending Law No 03/2015 of 02/03/2015 governing the organization of Community-Based Health Insurance Scheme;
– Draft Law governing Rwanda Biomedical Center.
6. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Orders:
– Presidential Order determining responsibilities, organisation and functioning of National Air Transport Facilitation Committee;
– Presidential Order promoting Junior Officers of Rwanda Correctional Services;
– Presidential Order dismissing Junior Officers of Rwanda Correctional Services;
– Prime Minister’s Order determining organizational structure, job profiles, salaries and fringe benefits for employees of National Industrial Research and Development Agency (NIRDA);
– Prime Minister’s Order determining organizational structure, job profiles, salaries and fringe benefits for employees of Rwanda Transport Development Agency (RTDA);
– Prime Minister’s Order granting leave of absence for non-specific period to Mrs WANZIGA Maureen who was Social Policy Analyst in the Office of the Prime Minister;
– Prime Minister’s Order granting leave of absence for a non-specific period to Mr. UWAYEZU François Régis who was Director of Unit in Rwanda Academy of Language and Culture (RALC);
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Vice President of the Military Tribunal: Lt. Col. MADUDU Charles;
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Judges of the Military High Court: Lt. Col. NGABO Augustin na Maj. SUMANYI Charles;
– Prime Minister’s Order determining modalities of transfer of staff and property in connection with Judicial Police from Rwanda National Police to Rwanda Investigation Bureau;
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing a National Prosecutor: Ms MUKAMUGANGA Elevanie;
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Prosecutors at Primary Level: Ms MUKARUSAGARA Janvière and UWITONZE Clarisse;
– Ministerial Order establishing Civil Aviation Regulations;
– Ministerial Order dismissing non-commisioned Officers and Prison Warders of Rwanda Correctional Services;
– Ministerial Order promoting Non-Commisioned Officers and Prison Warders of Rwanda Correctional Services;
– Ministerial Order determining ranks and other distinguishing marks for Prison Guards;
– Ministerial Order on secondment of Non-Commissioned Officers and Police Constables of Rwanda National Police;
– Ministerial Order dismissing without notice Non-Commissioned Officers and Police Constables of Rwanda National Police;
– Ministerial Order granting release on Parole;
– Ministerial Order relating to Air Pollutant Emission.
7. The Cabinet Meeting approved the agrément of proposed Ambassadors/High Commissioners designated to represent their respective Countries to Rwanda as follows:
– Mrs. HELEN MARIA RODRIGUES FERNANDES MALCATTA, of Portugal, with residence in Addis Ababa;
– Dr. CHRISTIAN FELLNER, of the Federal Republic of Austria, with residence in Nairobi, Kenya;
– Mrs. MONICA PATRICIO CLEMENTE, of Mozambique, with residence in Dar Es Salaam;
– Dr. ABDULLAH FAHD ALI AL-KAHTANI, of the custodian of the two Holy Mosques, with residence in Kampala;
– Mr. ERIC FRANK MICHEL A. SAIZONOU, of the Republic of Benin, with residence in Pretoria;
– MR. OSCAR KERKETTA, of India, with residence to Rwanda.
8. The Cabinet Meeting made the following appointments.
a) In the Supreme Court
– CYANZAYIRE Aloysie: Judge;
b) In the Court of Appeal
– President: KALIMUNDA MUYOBOKE Aimé;
– Vice President: MUKAMULISA Marie Therese;
. KALIWABO Charles;
. MUKANYUNDO Patricie;
. MUKANDAMAGE Marie Josee;
. RUGABIRWA Ruben;
. MUNYANGELI Innocent;
. HITIYAREMYE Alphonse;
. GAKWAYA Justin;
. Dr. NGAGI MUNYAMFURA Alphonse;
. NYIRANDABARUTA Agnes;
. MUHUMUZA Richard;
. KANYANGE Fidelité.
c) In the High Court:
– President: NDAHAYO Xavier;
– Vice President: KANZAYIRE Bernadette.
d) In the Commercial High Court:
– Vice President: RUTAZANA Angeline.
e) In Rwanda Food & Drugs Authority (FDA)
– Dr KARANGWA Charles: Acting Director General;
f) In Rwanda Law Reform Commission (RLRC):
– MBABAZI Judith: Secretary General;
– Mr. RWAGASANA Jean Pierre: Director of Finance and Administration Unit.
g) In Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB):
– TWAGIRAYEZU Jean Marie: Director General Criminal Investigation;
– KARAKE Peter: Director General Criminal Intelligence and Counter–Terrorism;
– SEZIRAHIGA Théoneste: Director General Administration and Finance.
h) In the Ministry of Disaster Management and Refugees (MIDIMAR)
– Mr. NGOGA Aristaque: Advisor to the Minister;
i) In the Ministry of Lands and Forestry (MINILAF):
– Mr. KARERA Patrick: Advisor to the Minister of Land and Forestry (MINILAF);
j) In the Ministry of Justice (MINIJUST):
– Mr. MUTAGOMA Frank Damas: Advisor to the Minister of State in charge of Legal and Constitutional Affairs in the Ministry of Justice;
– Mrs KAYITESI Petronille: Senior State Attorney;
– Ms Mamboleo Phiona: Senior State Attorney.
e) In the Institute of Legal Practice and Development/ILPD:
– Mr. NZAKOMEZA Samuel: Director of Training, Research and Consultancy Unit.
6. In AOBs.
a) The Minister of Sports and Culture informed the Cabinet Meeting that:
– The 10th Pan African Dance Festival (FESPAD) shall be celebrated from 29th July 2018 to 2nd August 2018 in the cities of Musanze, Rubavu, Huye, Rwamagana and Nyanza;
– The 2018 Harvest Day (Umuganura) shall be celebrated on 3rd August 2018 at Family and Village levels as well as at Nyanza for national level celebrations;
– On 29th June 2018, a training program on Rwandan culture was launched in several districts in the framework of protecting Rwandan heritage through developing Rwandan culture especially amongst children and youth and the program shall be expanded in all schools countrywide (nursery, primary, secondary and tertiary education);
– From 15th – 22nd July 2018, the national teams of men and women of sitting Volleyball shall be participating in the 2018 World para Volley Ball Championships in Netherlands;
– From 19th to 28th July 2018, Rwanda will host the 2018 CECAFA Women Challenge Cup at Kigali Stadium.
b) The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning informed the Cabinet Meeting that from 30th to 31st July 2018, Rwanda will be hosting the African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF).
c) The Minister of State in MINEDUC in charge of Primary and Secondary Education informed the Cabinet Meeting that from 10th to 20th August 2018 Rwanda will host the 18th Edition of the Federation of East African Secondary School Sports Championship. This championship will be held at Musanze District.
d) The Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources informed the Cabinet Meeting that between the 5th and 8th September 2018, Rwanda will be hosting the Africa Green Revolution Forum 2018 at Kigali Convention Centre.
e) The Minister of Trade and Industry informed the Cabinet Meeting that the International Cooperative Day 2018 will be celebrated on 14th July 2018 in Rwanda. At National level, the event will be celebrated in Rubavu District. The theme for 2018 International Cooperative Day is “Sustainable consumption and production’’.
f) The Minister of Information, Technology and Communications (MiTEC) informed the Cabinet Meeting that the Government of Rwanda in partnership with the GSM Association is organizing the Mobile 360-Africa series’’, which will be held in Kigali from 17th to 19th July 2018.
This Statement was signed By
Marie Solange KAYISIRE
The Minister in Charge of Cabinet Affairs