A Cabinet meeting was held on Wednesday, 08th August 2018 chaired by His Excellency the President of The Republic, Paul KAGAME.
1. The Cabinet Meeting approved the minutes of the Cabinet meeting held on 11th July 2018.
2. The Cabinet Meeting approved:
a) The National Policy on Cooperatives in Rwanda;
b) The Industry Adjustment Facility (IAF);
c) The Rwanda’s 4th and 5th Periodic Report on the implementation of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC);
d) The establishment of a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to operationalize the Kigali Innovation City;
e) The Joint Venture Agreement between the Government of Rwanda, Agro Processing Trust Corporation and OCP Africa.
3. The Cabinet meeting approved the following Draft Decree-laws:
– Draft Decree-Law approving ratification of the Loan Agreement signed at Kigali, Rwanda on 16 June 2018, between the Republic of Rwanda and the International Agricultural Development Fund (IFAD), relating to the additional loan of five million eight hundred and forty thousand Special Drawing Rights (SDR 5,840,000) for the project for rural income through exports;
– Draft Decree-law approving ratification of the Loan Agreement signed at Kigali, Rwanda on 23 July 2018, between the Republic of Rwanda and the Export-Import Bank of China, relating to the loan of fifty million three hundred thousand American Dollars (USD 50,300,000) for Bugesera international airport road (Sonatubes-Gahanga-Akagera) project;
– Draft Decree-law approving ratification of the Loan Agreement signed at Kigali, Rwanda on 23 July 2018, between the Republic of Rwanda and the Export-Import Bank of China, relating to the loan of seventy-seven million nine hundred and fifteen thousand three hundred and eighty-eight American Dollars (USD 77,915,388) for Huye-Kibeho-Munini road project;
– Draft Decree-law approving Ratification of the Loan Agreement signed at Kigali, Rwanda on 23 July 2018, between the Republic of Rwanda and the Export-Import Bank of India, relating to the credit of one hundred million American Dollars (USD 100,000,000) for the multifunctional project of Warufu and irrigation projects of Mugesera and Nyamukana;
– Draft Decree-law approving ratification of the Loan Agreement signed at Kigali, Rwanda on 23 July 2018, between the Republic of Rwanda and the Export-Import Bank of India, relating to the credit of one hundred million American Dollars (USD 100,000,000) for the development of two Special Economic Zones and expansion of the Kigali Special Economic Zone.
– Draft Decree-law repealing Law n° 43/2016 of 18/10/2016 establishing the Capacity Development and Employment Services Board (CESB) and determining its mission, organisation and functioning.
4. The Cabinet meeting approved the following Orders:
– Presidential Order promoting Lt. Col. Andrew Nyamvumba to the rank of Colonel;
– Presidential Order determining the Organization and Responsibilities of each of the Military Services of Rwanda Defence Force;
– Presidential Order Promoting 663 Officers of the Rwanda Defence Force;
– Presidential Order dismissing 10 Officers from Rwanda Defence Force;
– Presidential Order determining salaries and fringe benefits allocated to the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer of National Fund for Environment (FONERWA);
– Prime Minister’s Order determining organizational structure, salaries and fringe benefits for employees of Rwanda Development Board (RDB);
– Prime Minister’s Order transferring immovable assets from the State’s Public Property and MoU transferring assets from Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority (RCAA) to Rwanda Airports Company (RAC);
– Ministerial Order dismissing 57 Non-Commissioned Officers and enlisted personnel from Rwanda Defence Force;
– Ministerial Order determining other incentives for the Long-Term Savings Scheme and term for their administration;
– Ministerial Order determining modalities of granting Long-Term Savings Scheme Benefits.
5. The Cabinet meeting made the following appointments:
1) In the Rwanda Development Board (RDB):
Mr. GUY M. BARON: Chief Investment Officer.
2) In the National Unity and Reconciliation Commission: Commissioners
1° Bishop RUCYAHANA John, Chairman;
2° Ms UWIMANA Xavérine, Vice Chairperson;
3° Father CONSOLATEUR Innocent, Commissioner;
4° Bishop GASHAGAZA Déo, Commissioner;
6° Ms UMUBYEYI M. Médiatrice, Commissioner;
7° Mr. RUKINDA Innocent, Commissioner;
8° Mr. RUVUNABAGABO Gérard, Commissioner;
9° Ms MUKABIZOZA Théopista.
3) In the Ministry of Lands and Forestry (MINILAF):
Mr. RUTARO Benon Kaka: Director of Planning Unit.
4) In the Ministry of Sports and Culture/MINISPOC:
Ms. MUSANABERA Rose: Director of Finance and Administration Unit.
5) In the Rwanda Information Society Authority (RISA):
– Mr. TUMUSIIME Emmanuel: Director of Human Resource and Administration Unit;
– Mr. KAMURASE Prosper: Director of Finance Unit.
6) In the National Rehabilitation Services/NRS:
Mr. BIZIMANA Servillien: Director of Training and Programs Unit.
6. The Cabinet meeting removed from duties, with immediate effect, the following staff for gross misconduct:
– Mr. NAMAHUNGU Théogène who was Director of Health Technology and Infrastructure Planning Unit in Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC);
– Mr. BALIGIRA Hamad who was Director of Human Resource and Administration Unit in the Ministry of Health.
7. The Cabinet meeting removed from duties all the staff from the Medical Technology and Infrastructure Division due to inefficiencies affecting the performance of the health sector.
8. In A.O.B:
a) The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning informed the Cabinet meeting that:
– From 11th -12th September 2018, Rwanda will be hosting the Development Finance Forum (DFF) convened by the World Bank at Kigali Marriot Hotel. The theme of the meeting is “Unlocking investments in the East African Community (EAC)’’.
– The celebration of the 2018 Taxpayers’Appreciation Day and the 20th anniversary of Rwanda Revenue Authority will be held on 28th September 2018 at Kigali Convention Centre. The theme of the Taxpayers’ Appreciation Day and 20th Anniversary is: “Pay Taxes, Build a Better Rwanda’’.
b) The Ministry of Youth informed the Cabinet meeting that:
– On 11th August 2018, Rwanda will join the rest of the world to celebrate the International Youth Day. This day will be celebrated in Kageyo cell, Mwiri Sector in Kayonza District. The theme for this year is “Safe spaces for Youth”.
– The Ministry of Youth will be launching a program called “Art Rwanda – Ubuhanzi Initiative” which will run from 24th August 2018 to December 2018 in 6 selected sites (Kigali, Rubavu, Rusizi, Huye, Nyagatare and Musanze.
c) The Minister of Sports and Culture informed the Cabinet meeting that:
– Rwanda will host the following competitions: Tour du Rwanda 2018, Handball, Karate and Giants of Africa (basketball training).
– Rwanda will attend the following competitions outside:
o Final Round FIBA U18 Men and Women in Mozambique and Mali,
o 2018 Women’s U-20 Africa Nations Volleyball Championships in Kenya in Football, and
o AFCON Qualifiers U17, CECAFA Zone competition in Tanzania.
d) The Minister of Health informed the Cabinet meeting that Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) has been recorded in North Kivu and Ituri Provinces in the DRC. MINISANTE and its partners have initiated preparedness mechanisms and public awareness.
This Statement was signed
Marie Solange KAYISIRE
The Minister in Charge of Cabinet Affairs