- Premier Bet Rwanda and ROTARY CLUB KIGALI GASABO are handing over 1 tricycle with 1 ton cargo capacity and 5 bicycles in the premises of the Kibenga Cell’s location;
- The presence of local leadership, Premier Bet CEO Mr. Apostolos KALODOUKAS, Rotary Club Kigali Gasabo President Mr. Victor NKINDI, gives a highlight to the handover with the presence of the Executive Secretaries of Mayange Sector and Kibenga Cell and Ibuka representatives;
- Premier Bet Rwanda shall provide the tricycle motorbike, its farm gears (boots, farmer’s overall, helmet) and driving licence exam fees for one adult as well as five bicycles to the 5 families identified. The projected incomes in the community are 1.2 million Rwf per month from the donation.
As Rwanda is commemorating for the 1994 Genocide against Tutsi, Premier Bet Rwanda and the ROTARY CLUB OF KIGALI GASABO are teaming up to support the Kibenga survivor’s community where Rotary Club Kigali Gasabo has been working with the Ibuka branch to provide support for socio-economic resilience in the community and has identified 5 families in urgent need of basic support to ease the crop to market logistic.
The rural and remote location provides few opportunities to generate revenues from the main agri pastoral activities, however, a support in logistic of goods transportation from the crops to the marketplaces will bring an opportunity for the community and its municipality to leverage on a gap in the crop transportation via a tricycle motorbike with a hundreds of kilos capacities.
The vehicle is proposed to help the community in generating revenues for them and the neighbouring farmers who are facing the same logistic need, hence rental revenues to strengthen the Kibenga community wellbeing.
Premier Bet Rwanda and Rotary Club Kigali Gasabo wishes to capacitate the social and economic resilience of the 5 families of the Kibenga village by providing a change maker working tool for the main agro pastoral activities in the area, supporting logistic of crop and small cattle product cargo from farm to marketplaces.
The support of Premier Bet Rwanda and Rotary Club Kigali Gasabo action will enable a significative growth in the community by providing:
- Job creation;
- Increased transport of farm products from farm to marketplaces;
- Supporting local community and the municipality in increasing farming productivity;
- Projected monthly incomes are 1.2 Million Rwf;
- Improved access to marketplaces and income-generating activities – especially for women, youth and individuals from the vulnerable community;
- Improved work conditions and improved access to finance, improved access to skilled labour, improved access to markets;
- Increase community wellbeing and its capacity to cover its basic needs;