Rwanda, Kigali – October 21st, 2020: Five up-and-coming tech startups from Rwanda are set to pitch to this October 28th, 10 am – 1 pm CAT at the Online Seedstars Kigali Competition 2020/21.
One local winner will move on to the Regional Stage and compete for a spot at the Grand Finale, where the grand prize is USD 500K in equity investment.
Seedstars, a Swiss-based private company, holds a yearly global pitch competition for promising tech startups in emerging markets. This year, the organization is holding the Online Seedstars World Competition 2020/21 online. Currently, the startups selected to be part of the competition are training to compete for the local winner title which will allow them to move on to the Regional Stage of the competition. From the regionals, 5 winning startups will then advance to the Grand Finale for a shot at USD 500K in equity investment.
“We are quite excited to see who will be the winner of Seedstars Kigali 2020 after receiving over 50 applications from interesting startups in the ecosystem. We’re also encouraged to see the resilient spirit of the entrepreneurs despite being in the midst of a global pandemic and we invite you to join us as we find out which of these promising startups will be the winner of the 2020 edition and proceed to the regional stage where they will compete with over 20 other winners from all across Africa”, shares Lorraine Davis, Community and Events Manager in Africa at Seedstars.
“Seedstars World is a great contributor to the growth of Early-stage Startup Ecosystems in Africa. This is why the UN International Trade Centre through its #FastTrackTech Africa project has decided to collaborate with Seedstars to promote the most promising early-stage startups in Kigali. The startups will pitch in front of an experienced jury for an opportunity to participate at the Global stage pitching competition where they could receive investment; something much needed. We look forward to the event,” says John Ndabarasa, Startup Relations & Engagement Associate at #FastTrackTech Africa.
On the local stage, the Online Seedstars Kigali Competition 2020/21 has sourced for startups in the country who have the potential to scale.
For the Rwanda chapter, the five Kigali startups taking on the pitching stage are the following:
- Mobile Application Platform for Africa Ltd – Platform for SMEs, companies and service providers that helps them set up their online shop quickly and easily without the need for hiring software experts.
- NYEREKA TECH LTD – Provides easy access and reliable electronic components or devices with related professional skills via its eCommerce platform.
- SAFE SANA Ltd – LPgas users can stay safe and healthy without fear of fire explosion leading to loss of lives and properties as the SAFE SANA offers its tech solution.
- Octan Group – A modern application that automates meal ordering and tracking services within a restaurant and offers a food pickup option.
- Rokkup – An on-demand staffing app, instantly connecting employers with local flexible workers.
The Online Seedstars Kigali Competition 2020/21 is organized with the support of #FastTrackTech Africa, which is an initiative within the UN International Trade Centre and also Aphrodice Mutangana Executive Chairman at AM Group Limited, Seedstars local ambassador in Rwanda.