Drink water with lemon on an empty stomach, do you know what benefits it has?
There are many urban legends when one wants to start taking care of oneself, but nevertheless there is one that is real: drinking water with lemon on an empty stomach every morning is beneficial for our body -although there are exceptions-. Today we will show you what it takes to apply this practice every morning, something that we can adapt to our daily routine without any effort, do you dare?
Although its preparation is very simple, the water must be lukewarm since if it is cold water our body takes time to process it and needs more energy. The lemons will have to be fresh, organic and natural -avoid processed and bottled lemon juices-. We will only have to squeeze half a lemon in a glass of warm water and drink it 30 minutes before breakfast (completely fasting).
The benefits of a simple gesture
They help us lose weight. Drinking water with lemon on an empty stomach provides us with more satiety during the day and prevents us from consuming more calories than necessary. Additionally, maintaining a more alkaline diet has been shown to help you lose weight faster. According to a study carried out by the ‘Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition’, it was confirmed that the polyphenols in the lemon peel prevented the subjects from accumulating extra fat for 12 weeks.
Radiant skin. Lemon contains a lot of vitamin C, which means that it helps reduce wrinkles and blemishes, in addition to fighting free radicals. It should be said that vitamin C has beneficial effects on the production of collagen (that element that keeps our skin elastic).
Prevents constipation and improves digestion. Drinking a glass of water with lemon every morning helps to eliminate toxins from our body. In addition, it relieves the symptoms of indigestion -burning or abdominal distention-.
Restores the pH of the body. If we adapt this practice regularly, we will be able to eliminate the total acidity of the body thanks to the citric acid and ascorbic acid that each lemon contains.
Prevents diseases. As we have already mentioned, lemon contains ascorbic acid, which improves the absorption of iron in the body -something basic for our immune function-.
Freshens our breath. Drinking water with lemon every morning we disinfect the mucous membranes and that helps reduce the proliferation of bacteria in the oral cavity.
It is a good director. It combines the effects of increased water consumption with the diuretic properties of lemon, thus eliminating more toxins.
Helps improve our mood. Lemon contains negatively charged ions, that makes our body have more energy when it enters the digestive tract. As if that were not enough, it helps us reduce anxiety and depression.
there are contraindications
This practice is good for our body, although there are exceptions. Avoid drinking water with lemon every morning if:
- You have stomach ulcers. Citric acid can aggravate this condition.
- Tooth sensitivity. Avoid drinking lemon water if you suffer from weak teeth or damaged tooth enamel.
- Inflammation of the prostate or urethra. The symptoms will increase.
- If you suffer from acidity.
- If you suffer from rheumatic, arthritic or osteoporosis diseases..
- If you have anemia or lack of a mineral such as calcium.
- When you have gastritis. Symptoms may increase.
- Sores or wounds in the wedding and/or tongue.
There are two things you need to know: drinking lemon water on an empty stomach has benefits for your health, but you must be careful with your tooth enamel. On the one hand, lemon helps to strengthen the immune system thanks to its contribution of Vitamin C and also to fight against free radicals that are responsible for premature aging. If we add to this the moisturizing and dragging properties of water, we have the perfect combination.
Thus, these are some of the benefits of drinking a glass of water with half a lemon on an empty stomach daily.
– Strengthens the immune system. The vitamin C and ascorbic acid that the lemon contains contribute to the prevention of colds and a better absorption of iron.
– Alkalizing power. If you suffer from imbalances in pH, you will easily get sick. Lemon is alkalizing and helps keep the pH balanced. Of course, remember that if we ingest it in excess we can obtain the opposite effect.
– A natural diuretic. Combining water with lemon helps eliminate toxins and prevents fluid retention.
– Improves digestion. If we consume the warm we will be able to stimulate the intestinal tract, while the contribution of lemon helps to purify the liver.
– Beautify the skin. Water with lemon brings luminosity to the face. Dehydration of the body leaves the skin dull, opaque and without light.
– Provides extra energy. Substituting coffee for hot water with lemon is more energizing than you think, since its consumption helps to hydrate and oxygenate the blood.
– It’s an emergency kit. Consuming several glasses of water with lemon (the amount should be determined by a specialist) throughout the day combats bad breath, constipation and helps offset the dehydrating effects of alcohol.
Although it is a beneficial practice for health, it is true that experts advise against doing it in these cases:
– If you have anemia or lack of any mineral such as calcium.
– If you suffer from gastritis or frequent heartburn.
– If you suffer from dental sensitivity, damaged enamel or weak teeth.
– If you have sores or wounds in your mouth or tongue.
– If you have stomach ulcers.
– If you suffer from osteoarthritis, osteoporosis or rheumatic diseases.
– If you suffer from inflammation of the prostate or urethra.
SOURCE: QUORA COACHING