- Growth of EBCR from 59 to 122 members;
- EBCR completed the first service contract with the EU Delegation
- EBCR wrote and signed a 3 year grant with the EU Delegation
- Expansion of the team with the recruitment ofourExecutive Secretary, Project Manager, Finance and Administration Officer, Youth Ambassador;
- Youth Professional Network under EBCR to be launched in October to help youth connect to opportunities in the Private Sector
- Service Desk: Members can now approach EBCR for support to their companies at our office
The European Business Chamber in Rwanda held its Annual General Assembly on September 72022 at Marriott Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda.
It was an opportunity to present the various outcomes of the past year and to reunite with our members following the sanitary crisis. Our Executive Secretary Johanna Sandberg detailed the key achievements of the chamber as follow:
Business Missions: EBCR has hosted two Business Missions, one from Slovakia and one from Finland and are promoting itself as an organisation that are hosting missions towards European chambers, markets and stakeholders.
Online starter Pack: EBCR has launched an online starter pack for Rwanda to help new businesses when arriving in Rwanda: https://ebc-rwanda.org/business-starter-pack/bsp/
EBCR Events: EBCR has hosted more than 12 monthly events, including EBCR Breakfast, policy dialogues, networking events with a special focus on Business intelligence and Government regulations.
EBCR Newsletter: EBCR is now sending out monthly newsletters and has a section for members news.
EBCR Policy dialogues: EBCR has hosted a meeting with the Minister of Finance and the outcome is a survey and a second meeting with the ministries that will take place in October.
EBCR Government collaboration improved: We have worked with RDB, RRA, RISA, Minicom, PSF, Minecofin, outcome is strengthen collaboration and communication
Appointed Coordinator for Africa: Executive Secretary Johanna Sandberg appointed Coordinator for the African Cluster by the European Business Organisations Worldwide Network in Brussels June 2022
Also our members have elected a new board which will be chaired by Mr. Giovanni Davite for a second 2 year consecutive term.
The new elected board members are:
They are joining the other Board Directors:
Mr. Jan Willem EGGINK, Treasurer;
Mr. Tobias RIETHER, Secretary;
Mr. Gabriel EKMAN, Board Member;
Mr. Victor NKINDI, Board Member;